Monday, August 10, 2009

Quotes to Inspire

My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return. Maya Angelou


On the eve of my 33rd birthday I am melancholy. As I've gotten older, my birthday eve has become a time for deep reflection. I am almost always a little disappointed that I have not accomplished the things in my life that I would like to have accomplished. It seems that I do a much better job of focusing on the things I have not accomplished than the things that I have. I think of my birthday as a sort of New Years Eve, a time for resolution, a time to move forward, set goals and become better.
This year I want to be a better and more patient mother, keep plugging away at my degree, eat healthier (this one is for the whole family) and work out harder. I want to sew more, read more, laugh more and spend more time playing in nature. I want to LIVE LIVE LIVE. I want my daughter to learn from me that life is fun and worth living to the fullest.
We are here for such a short time. You can't take it with you. I mean REALLY, I know we would like to be comfortable while we're here but you c-a-n-n-o-t take it with you. When you die there is no more fancy car, fancy clothes, fancy house. So does it pay to toil away your short wonderful life to obtain those things? I no longer think so. Is it worth a big fancy house for me to stick my daughter in daycare somewhere (that answer is no). Would I sacrifice my values for money? (again no)
So what is it that I want to do? I want to leave a mark, make this place better than when I got here. Save an animal, save a plant, save a life...or at least teach someone else to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment