Saturday, July 18, 2009

Where to begin...


Where does one begin when they want to be a kick ass mommy, rock-star, yoga teacher, massage therapist, aerobics teacher, green consultant, crafter and blogger? Well, I'm not sure but I guess we're going to find out. I went to MT school and graduated in '01. I need to take the boards (I never did...sneaky me). I've been an aerobics instructor and I need to update that (not really a big deal except I'm REALLY out of shape right now).
I am so over being a secretary and I want to have a job that allows me to spend the maximum amount of time with my family.
It's rough because you know that you need to work and help the family but I see how my daughter is when I work too many hours (which is frequently requested of me) and it's not good. She's lonely and whiny and moody when I work too much, it makes me sad. I don't know how our society can possibly believe that it's okay for both parent's to work. I can see it in my daughter and I'm sure if other parents would slow down for a minute they could see it in their child too. Everyone says, "well, that's just the way it is" and "things aren't like they used to be". But why? I want to scream "WHY?" from the rooftops.
When did we decide it was okay to pull children from their family unit and place them in the care of strangers at 6 weeks old? If that is your plan, I'm not sure why you would bother to have a child. I know this is a strong statement but I feel strongly about it. You have a baby and place him or her in the care of someone else, work full-time, argue with the hubby about who will pick the kid up, rush home, make dinner and put the tot to bed, wake up and repeat. How much time do you even spend with your child? 2 hours a night? Is it quality? I've found that the answer to that is "no".
I'm not here just to whip folks about their lifestyle. I am here looking for solutions. We can do better. We should be with our children. It's against nature to leave your young. It's insanity and it's time to stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment