Friday, January 6, 2012

Tonight I have decided to answer 20 Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection as written by Tsh Oxenreider

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?

I gave birth to the Little Chief in May

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?

The most challenging was adapting to having two children, each with their own set of
needs and wants.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?

I found joy in my home, I really came into my own as far as homemaking and accomplishing
goals for our nest.

4. What was an unexpected obstacle?

There are always unexpected obstacles, this year I found that caring for two children and
letting go of my expectations for things was probably the biggest. Also, my husband was laid
off right before Christmas (with no timeline on returning to work).

5. Pick three words to describe 2011.

accomplishment, growth, change

6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2011 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).

change, learning, crafty

7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2011 (again, without asking).

unlucky, parenting, work

8. What were the best books you read this year?
With two little ones it's hard to read. I managed to work through a lot of Feeding the Whole
Family and The Rhythm of Family


9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?

I consider all of my relationships valuable.

10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?

My biggest personal change was moving into adulthood for good and realizing that what I want and need for my family is the most important thing.

11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I'll have to think about this one.

12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?

I came to terms with my adult version of spirituality and let go of expectations that friends
and family have. It's okay that I don't believe what everyone else believes.

13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
Unfortunately I grew in weight.

14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?

I have learned to communicate with other people on their emotional level and to let them
know that I may not understand their current emotion but that I will stand right beside them while they work through it (as opposed to trying to "fix").

15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?

Honestly, the most enjoyable part of my work is that when times are slow I get to surf the net and check my fave blogs (don't tell).

16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?

The most challenging work was at home (where I take my work seriously). Trying to be the best mama and wife possible and sometimes forgetting what is most important.

17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?

Computer time (by far)

18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?

Crafting, canning and spending time with family

19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?

Our little family is perfect for us and we have everything we need.

20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2011 for you.

The Year of Family Adjustments

No comments:

Post a Comment